Church Council Update
Dear Church Family
Over the past few months, in addition to having worship services available on-line, we have also been opening the Church building to allow for live and in-person worship. We have encouraged all who attended the live services to follow certain guidelines to help ensure the health and safety of our church family.
Recently, due to several of our members testing positive for COVID-19 following a live worship service, combined with the significant increase in the number of cases in the area, we felt it prudent to covert our services to an on-line only format throughout the holiday period.
As we are now through the holiday period, we plan to resume live and in-person worship beginning on Sunday January 17th. We elected to delay the return of live worship until the 17th to help prevent any potential spread of the virus related to anyone who might have come in contact with the virus during the holiday traveling/gathering period given the virus’s longer incubation period.
Upon the return of live and in-person worship, we plan to strictly enforce recommended health and safety guidelines. All members and visitors will be expected to follow the guidelines outlined below. We understand that choosing to attend a live and in-person service is a personal choice and doing so does come with some degree of risk in the current pandemic environment. However, we want to ensure that we are doing all the things necessary to make our services as safe as possible for everyone who chooses to attend.
The required guidelines do call for the wearing of masks/face coverings while in the church building. As a result, for anyone over the age of 5, a mask or face shield will be required before entrance into the church building and should be worn throughout the entirety of the church service. The mask/face shield requirement is not only meant to help protect you but also those you come in contact with. As a church family, we have many members who fall into high-risk categories (e.g. elderly, people undergoing cancer treatments, people with autoimmune diseases, people with underlying health conditions) and need to be protected. We also have church staff members who are required to serve us each week and to whom we must provide a safe work environment. We recently have had several of our elderly members in ICU and one who has passed away from this virus. If we are to continue to meet live and in-person during this time, we must take the virus seriously and do everything we can to protect one another.
Please take time to review the full list of health and safety guidelines below and as a church body let’s all come together and show our love and care for another by following them as closely as possible to keep everyone safe.
Health and Safety Service Guidelines
- Anyone that is either sick, has symptoms related to COVID 19 or who has been recently exposed in the last 10 days to anyone who has tested positive to COVID 19 should attend services/other activities virtually.
- Anyone attending a live and in-person service/other activity should comply with Virginia’s requirement to wear face covering/masks while in public places. Note that exceptions are permitted for children under the age of 5. Masks and face shields (for those with health conditions which prevent them from wearing a mask) are available at the welcome desk for those who do not have one.
- Members should make every effort to maintain social distancing while attending a service/other activity. Physical contact during the fellowship chorus has been suspended. Seating should be by family/household and each family/household should sit at least 6 feet apart. If worship attendance is higher than distancing measures will allow, the Fellowship Hall will be utilized for overflow seating and the worship service will be live-streamed.
- High touch areas such as the sanctuary chairs, door handles etc. will be disinfected in between worship services. Note that hand sanitizer is available throughout the Church.
- Additional church spaces utilized (e.g. the fellowship hall, nursery, children’s rooms) either during a church service or other activity should be properly disinfected following use by the respective church member supervising such activity.
- Church bulletins will only be available electronically and announcements will be displayed on the sanctuary screens. If you are not currently receiving the weekly church bulletin via email, please contact Jeff Nester or Thomas Kirk to update your email preferences.
- Church choir is currently suspended.
- Offering plates will not be passed during the offertory chorus. An offertory box will be placed in the vestibule where offerings may be placed before or after service. Members may also continue to give on-line or through the mail.
- Children should remain in their seats during Children’s time.
- Coffee stations and water fountains will not be in-service
Given social distancing requirements and the size of our Sunday School classes, conducting live and in-person Sunday School on Sunday morning is not currently possible. Sunday School will continue to be offered on-line via zoom.
If individual Sunday School classes would like to meet in person in addition to or lieu of meeting each week via zoom, they may reach out to George Gillen, our Sunday School director and sign-up for a time during the week to hold their class in the Fellowship Hall. The Fellowship Hall should be large enough to accommodate social distancing for any of our Sunday School classes. If conducting a Sunday School class in the Fellowship Hall, participants should wear face coverings, maintain 6ft of social distancing, and wipe down the chairs with disinfecting wipes following each session.
Sunday Morning Worship – We are meeting in person again this week. We will be having Sunday Morning Worship Service at 11:00 AM in person at Kingsway. If you wish to continue to watch the service digitally, you can still join via the Worship Service link below. To view our guidelines, please read the worship notice.
Sunday School Time Change – We are not yet starting back Sunday School in person and will continue to meet digitally via the Interactive Service, linked below. However, we will be moving Sunday School to start at 9:00 AM.
Sunday Evening – There will not be a service this Sunday Evening. Keep an eye on your emails and texts for updates.
Wednesday Service Change – We ARE meeting in person for the Wednesday service. Because of this, we will be switching from the Interactive Service (Zoom) to the Worship Service (YouTube). Click the Worship Service link below to join. Children and Youth will also be meeting in person at the church.
Online Only Services
The following services have been moved to the interactive platform:
- Sunday School, Sunday 9:00 AM
- To join, view the Interactive Service section below
Fellowship Time: Starting 30 mins before every Interactive Service (see above), we will be having a time of fellowship. Please feel free to come and fellowship together.
Smart Phone, Tablet, or Laptop
- Click on the link below and follow the instuctions to join the Zoom
Phone (Voice Only)
- Dial: +1 929 436 2866
- When Prompted, enter the Meeting ID and Password:
- Meeting ID: 735 818 650
- Password: 735 818 650
- When Prompted, enter the Meeting ID and Password:
To join the Worship Service click the link below